- Are you looking to volunteer to help your neighbors?
– Do you want to become a member of an integral community organization?
– Do you want to meet new people and become part of a dynamic organization?
If you are interested in joining us as a firefighter or as a fire-medic please contact us or come by headquarters located at 1000 North Broadway in North Massapequa on any Sunday morning between 9:00am and 11:00am. If you are unavailable during this time call 516-579-0900 x1611. We provide full training, equipment, and structure to enable you to help us help the community in their times of need.
– You must be at least 18 years of age.
– You must be in relatively good physical health.
– You must have no prior arson arrests or convictions as well as no felony convictions.
– You must pass a full medical examination provided at no cost to you.
– You must pass an extensive background investigation.
– You must be able to make a percentage of alarms, training drills, meetings and work details.
– On average, volunteers spend about 7-10 hours a week at the firehouse.
What Do We Do?
- We are part of the mitigation of, but not limited to, house fires, carbon monoxide alarms, motor vehicle accidents, hazardous materials incidents, and emergency medical situations.
– The North Massapequa Fire Department responds, on average, to 1000 alarms every year.
Why Should I Join?
Here are just a few of the benefits volunteer firefighters receive:
- Free tuition at Nassau Community College funded by Nassau County.
– Free Training; whether it’s to become a firefighter or a fire medic, it’s all free.
– Length of service award (pension).
– A free comprehensive annual physical.
– 10% Property School Tax Savings.
– Use of Gym is free.
– Last but not least, friends; you will become friends with some of the greatest people around. The fire service is truly a brotherhood which will become evident from day one.